Looking to rescue a Golden Retriever in Arizona?
Golden Retrievers are amazing dogs that will bring so much joy into your life.
However, since they’re so amazing, finding a rescue Golden can be hard, so this post will show you the top Golden Retriever rescues in Arizona.
You’ll also see:
- A list of Golden Retriever rescues near Arizona
- 3 other ways to find a rescue Golden if the Godlen Retriever rescues are fresh out
- And some great resources for when you do get to bring home your dog
Let’s dive in!
Golden Retriever Rescues In Arizona
There are three main Golden Retriever rescues in Arizona:
Arizona Golden Rescue
Rescue A Golden Of Arizona
Southern Arizona Golden Retriever Rescue
Location: Oro Valley
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Arizona
If the three Golden Retriever rescues above don’t have any dogs for you, you can also look at rescues in nearby states.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever Rescues in Nevada
- Golden Retriever Rescues in California
- Golden Retriever Rescues in Utah
- Golden Retriever Rescues in New Mexico
- Golden Retriever Rescues in Colorado
3 Bonus Ways To Find A Rescue Golden Retriever
If none of the Golden Retriever rescues near you have a Golden available — don’t worry!
There are three other ways to find a Golden who needs a new home.
The first way is to keep tabs on your local animal shelters.
They get new animals every day and occasionally they may get a Golden.
If you want to find a Golden here, check early in the morning and often.
This may be a long shot, but you might also find another dog there who steals your heart.
The next way is to get active in your local Golden Retriever Facebook group.
Many states and major cities have a dedicated Golden Retriever Facebook group and I’ve seen several posts in there of people looking to rehome their Golden.
This is another situation where it pays to check often, as these Goldens will go quickly.
Just be sure to watch out for scammers!
(Watch this video about the UGLY truth about Golden Retrievers for more on scammers)
The final way to find a hidden rescue Golden is to get involved with your local Golden Retriever Club.
You might get a tip on a Golden who needs a home or meet someone who needs to give up their dog.
Again, this is a long shot, but I’ve found that the more Golden Retriever lovers you know, the more likely you are to find one.
And speaking of Golden Retriever Clubs…
Golden Retriever Club In Arizona
Not only can Golden Retriever Clubs help you potentially find a Golden, but they can also be great resources for when you do bring your pup home.
They can help with:
- Socializing and exercising your Golden through dog sports and other events
- Getting advice from experienced Golden Retriever owners
- Getting referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Here is the Golden Retriever Club in Arizona:
Valle del Sol Golden Retriever Club
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re still trying to decide if a Golden Retriever is the right dog for you, or if you want to learn more about the breed, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Golden Retriever vs. Labrador Retriever [16 Factors To Help You Choose]
- Is A Golden Retriever Right For Me? [Quiz]
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Here’s a list of everything you need for a Golden Retriever, and you can click here for a list of Golden Retriever rescues in every state.
Rescuing A Golden Retriever
Rescuing a Golden Retriever is a wonderful thing.
It won’t always be an easy journey, but they will bring you endless, fluffy joy.
Have you rescued a Golden before?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you want to learn more about whether or not a Golden Retriever is right for you, take this quiz!