Looking to adopt a Golden Retriever in Iowa?
Yay! One lucky Golden is about to be a very happy pup.
But since it can be tough to find a Golden Retriever that needs to be rescued, this article will show you:
- The main Golden Retriever rescue in Iowa
- Golden Retriever Rescues near Iowa
- 3 other sneaky ways to find a Golden who needs a new home near you
Let’s dive in!
Golden Retriever Rescue In Iowa
Here’s the main Golden Retriever rescue in Iowa:
Iowa Golden Retriever Rescue
Location: Des Moines
It can be a bit hard to find since their website doesn’t work (as of the time of this writing), but it looks like their Facebook page is still active.
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Iowa
Although there’s just one Golden Retriever rescue officially in Iowa, there are several in nearby states where you can find your dream Golden.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in Minnesota
- Golden Retriever rescues in Wisconsin
- Golden Retriever rescues in Illinois
- Golden Retriever rescues in Missouri
- Golden Retriever rescues in Nebraska
3 Bonus Ways To Find A Rescue Golden Retriever
If Iowa Golden Retriever Rescue doesn’t have a Golden for you, and none of the rescues in nearby states don’t either — no worries!
Here are three other ways to find a Golden:
The first way is to scour your local animal shelters.
Yes, this is a long shot if you want to find a Golden Retriever since most of them get scooped up right away, but it is possible.
Plus, you might also find another dog that steals your heart.
The second way is to peruse your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups.
I’ve seen several posts where people are looking to find a new home for their Golden for some unfortunate reason or other.
This is your chance to step in and offer your loving home.
Just look out for scammers.
(Watch this video about the UGLY truth about Golden Retrievers for more on scammers)
The final way is to get involved in your local Golden Retriever club.
The members there might have some insider info about a Golden who needs a new home, and that could be your golden ticket.
Again, this is a long shot, but the more Golden Retriever lovers you know, the more likely you are to find your own Golden Retriever.
And speaking of local Golden Retriever clubs…
Golden Retriever Clubs In Iowa
Golden Retriever clubs are not only helpful when you’re looking for a Golden, but they can also be helpful for when you finally bring yours home.
For example, they might help with:
- Socializing and exercising your Golden through their dog sports and other events
- Getting advice from experienced Golden Retriever owners
- Getting referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Here’s the Golden Retriever club in Iowa:
Des Moines Golden Retriever Club
Location: Des Moines
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re still trying to decide if a golden retriever is the right dog for you, or if you want to learn more about the breed, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Golden Retriever vs. Labrador Retriever [16 Factors To Help You Choose]
- Is A Golden Retriever Right For Me? [Quiz]
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
When you adopt a Golden Retriever you’re going to be in for a wild ride!
They’re amazing dogs that will bring you tons of love, joy, and slobbery kisses.
And although it won’t always be easy with a rescue, it will definitely be worth it.
Have you rescued a Golden before?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you want to learn more about whether or not a golden retriever is right for you, take this quiz!