Looking to adopt a Golden Retriever in Maine?
Get ready for lots of belly rubs, kisses, and golden fur all over your home!
You’re in for the time of your life, but finding an available Golden Retriever to be rescued can be hard sometimes.
So to help you on your journey, this article will show you where to find a rescue Golden near you.
Let’s dive in!
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Maine
While there aren’t any Golden Retriever rescues officially in Maine, there are some in nearby states, such as Massachusetts and Vermont, that serve Maine.
Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue
Location: Hudson, MA
Location: Arlington, MA
Golden Huggs Rescue
Location: Waitsfield, VT
3 Other Ways To Find A Rescue Golden Retriever
Although there are only two Golden Retriever rescues in the area, there are other ways to find a Golden who needs your help.
The first way is to check out your local animal shelters for a Golden.
Here’s a list with some of the local animal shelters in Maine.
The second way is to become active in your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups.
You’ll often see people that have to give up their pup and want to find a new loving home for them themselves.
That’s where you can step in and offer your loving home!
The third way is to reach out to your local Golden Retriever clubs.
Sometimes people will reach out to the club if they need to rehome their dog, or the club may know someone who has a Golden that they need to give up.
This may be a long shot, but if you’re patient and determined to rescue a Golden, it could be worth it.
And speaking of Golden Retriever clubs, when you do get your Golden Retriever, they can be an excellent resource for you.
Maine Golden Retriever Clubs
Golden retriever clubs can be helpful for Golden Retriever owners because:
- You can meet other Golden parents and get advice and tips from them.
- You can join activities and events with other Goldens.
- You can get referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares.
The Golden Retriever club in Maine is the Maine Golden Retriever Club, based out of Cornish.
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re unsure about getting a Golden Retriever, or if you’re wanting more information, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Best Food For Adult Golden Retrievers (And What Not To Feed Them)
- How To Groom Your Golden Retriever (To Keep Them Healthy & Beautiful)
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
We may be biased here, but Golden Retrievers are the best dogs.
It might be a little bit of work and luck to find a rescue Golden, but it’ll certainly be worth it.
Have any questions about adopting a Golden?
Did we miss your favorite Maine Golden Retriever rescue?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you’re looking for more information about Golden Retrievers, you’ll love our Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers.