So you want to adopt a wicked cute Golden Retriever?
You’re in for the ride of your life!
These are sweet, loving, adorable dogs that will bring you bundles of fluffy golden joy.
However, finding Golden Retriever to rescue can be a tall task, so in this post you’ll find:
- A list of Golden Retriever rescues in Massachusetts
- A list of nearby Golden rescues in New England
- Sneaky backdoor ways to find a Golden who needs a home if your local rescues don’t have any available dogs
- Our best tips for deciding if a Golden is right for you and taking care of them once you get them
Golden Retriever Rescues In Massachusetts
Here are the two Golden Retriever rescues in Massachusetts:
Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue
Golden Retriever Rescues In New England
Although there are only two Golden Retriever rescues in Massachusetts, there are several rescues nearby in the New England area.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in Vermont
- Golden Retriever rescues in New York
- Golden Retriever rescues in New Jersey
3 Backdoor Ways To Adopt A Golden Retriever
When it comes to adopting a Golden Retriever, there’s good news and bad news.
The good news is that people love Goldens, so there aren’t all that many available to be adopted.
The bad news is that it’s hard for you to find a Golden!
But that doesn’t mean all hope is lost.
Here are three ways to find a Golden Retriever that needs your home:
The first way is to comb your local animal shelters.
Sometimes you might get lucky and find a Golden in there.
It’s a long shot, but it’s possible.
If that doesn’t work, the second option is to get involved with your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups.
Sometimes the members in there will have to give up their Golden for some unfortunate reason, which is where you can step in and offer your loving home.
The third way is to get involved with your local Golden Retriever clubs.
This is another long shot, but the more people you know who have Golden Retrievers, the better your chances of finding a Golden who needs to be rescued are.
And speaking of Golden Retriever clubs…
Massachusetts Golden Retriever Club
In addition to potentially helping you find a Golden who needs a home, Golden Retriever Clubs can also help you:
- Meet other Golden parents and get tips and advice.
- Join activities and events with other Golden Retrievers.
- Get referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares.
The Golden Retriever club in Massachusetts is the Yankee Golden Retriever Club, based out of Boston.
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re on the fence about getting a Golden Retriever, or if you want more information about what it’s actually like having one, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Best Food For Adult Golden Retrievers (And What Not To Feed Them)
- How To Groom Your Golden Retriever (To Keep Them Healthy & Beautiful)
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Golden Retrievers are the best dogs, and if you’re lucky enough to own one, it’ll change your life.
To find one who needs to be rescued, check out your local Golden Retriever rescues, animal shelters, and Facebook Group.
Have any questions about rescuing a Golden?
Did we miss your favorite Massachusetts Golden Retriever rescue?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you’re looking for more information about Golden Retrievers, you’ll love our Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers.