Looking to adopt a Golden Retriever in Minnesota?
That’s great news!
Goldens are wonderful dogs, but because they’re so popular, it can be hard to find a Golden to rescue.
So in this post, you’ll see:
- A list of Golden Retriever rescues in and around Minnesota
- How to find a rescue Golden even if the rescues don’t have any dogs available
- Our best tips to decide if a Golden is right for you and how to take care of them once you bring them home
Check it out below!
Golden Retriever Rescue In Minnesota
Here’s the main Golden Retriever rescue in Minnesota:
Retrieve a Golden of the Midwest
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Minnesota
Although there’s just one Golden Retriever rescue officially in Minnesota, there are several in nearby states where you can find your dream dog.
Here are links to them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in Nebraska
- Golden Retriever rescues in Iowa
- Golden Retriever rescues in Wisconsin
3 Bonus Ways To Find A Rescue Golden
Most Golden Retriever rescues have a waitlist, and some have even stopped accepting new potential owners because their waitlist is too long!
If that’s the case with the rescues near you, don’t worry — there are three other ways to get your new pup.
The first way is to check out your local animal shelters.
This may be a long shot, as any Golden they get will go fast, but it could be worth it.
You might also fall in love with another dog there!
The second way is to get involved with your local Golden Retriever Facebook group.
There are often Golden owners in there who need to give up their dog for some unfortunate reason, and would rather find a new home themselves than go through a rescue group.
This is your opportunity to offer your loving home!
The third way is another long shot, but it’s to get involved with your local Golden Retriever club.
They might have an inside scoop on who’s rehoming Goldens, plus the more Golden lovers you know, the more likely you are to find one of your own.
And speaking of Golden Retriever Clubs…
Golden Retriever Clubs In Minnesota
Local Golden Retriever clubs can not only help you find a Golden, but also help you take care of it once you bring them home.
For example, they might help with:
- Socializing and exercising your dog through their dog sports and other events
- Getting advice from more experienced Golden owners
- Getting referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Here’s the Golden Retriever club in Minnesota:
Greater Twin Cities Golden Retriever Club
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re on the fence about getting a Golden Retriever, or if you want more information about what it’s actually like having one, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Best Food For Adult Golden Retrievers (And What Not To Feed Them)
- How To Groom Your Golden Retriever (To Keep Them Healthy & Beautiful)
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Adopting a Golden Retriever will put you on the adventure of a lifetime.
You can find a Golden who needs your home through local Golden Retriever rescues, Facebooks, and animal shelters.
Have any questions about adopting a Golden Retriever in Minnesota?
Did we miss your favorite Minnesota Golden Retriever rescue?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you’re looking for more information about Golden Retrievers, you’ll love our Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers.