Hey Missouri Golden Retriever Lovers — looking to rescue a Golden Retriever?
These are sweet, loving, loyal dogs that make a great addition to almost any household.
But there’s one problem…
Because they’re so popular, it can be hard to find a rescue Golden Retriever.
In this post, you’ll see:
- The top Golden Retriever rescues in Missouri and nearby states
- 3 sneaky ways to find a Golden Retriever who needs your home
- Our best resources to care for your Golden once you get them
- And much more
Let’s dive in!
Missouri Golden Retriever Rescues
Here are the top two Golden Retriever rescues in Missouri:
Dirk’s Fund Golden Retriever & Large Breed Rescue
Love A Golden Rescue
Location: St. Louis
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Missouri
In addition to these two rescues, there are several Golden Retriever rescues in nearby states where you could find your dream dog.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in Nebraska
- Golden Retriever rescues in Iowa
- Golden Retriever rescues in Illinois
- Golden Retriever rescues in Kentucky
- Golden Retriever rescues in Tennessee
- Golden Retriever rescues in Indiana
3 Bonus Sneaky Ways To Find A Golden Retriever
If none of the rescues in or near Missouri have a Golden, there are still a few other routes you can explore.
The first route is to check your local animal shelters.
Yes, this is a long shot since most Golden Retrievers will get scooped up quickly, but if you check often enough, you may get lucky and find one.
Plus, you might find another dog that steals your heart!
The second way is to get active in your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups.
I’ve seen several people post in a few groups recently saying that they have to give up their dog for some unfortunate reason out of their control.
That’s where you can come in and offer your home!
Again, this takes patience, but it could be worth it.
Just be sure to watch out for scammers!
(Watch this video about the UGLY truth about Golden Retrievers for more on scammers)
The final way to find a Golden who needs your home is to get involved in your local Golden Retriever club.
Some of the members there may have some insider information about a Golden who needs a new home and you can find your pup that way.
This is another long shot, but the more Golden Retriever lovers you know, the more likely you are to find a Golden of your own.
And speaking of local Golden Retriever clubs…
Golden Retriever Clubs In Missouri
Not only can a Golden Retriever Club help you potentially find your Golden, but when you do get them, they can help you raise them.
For example, they might help with:
- Socializing and exercising your Golden through their dog sports and other events
- Getting advice from experienced Golden Retriever owners
- Getting referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Here are the two Golden Retriever clubs in Missouri:
Golden Retriever Club of Greater St. Louis
Location: St. Louis
Kansas City Golden Retriever Club
Location: Kansas City
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re still trying to decide if a Golden Retriever is the right dog for you, or if you want to learn more about the breed, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Golden Retriever vs. Labrador Retriever [16 Factors To Help You Choose]
- Is A Golden Retriever Right For Me? [Quiz]
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Adopting A Golden Retriever
It may be hard to find a Golden Retriever who needs to be rescued, and then once you do find them, you’ll realize the journey is only beginning.
However, it’ll be well worth it thanks to their never-ending love, slobbery kisses, and joyful personalities.
Have you rescued a Golden before?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you want to learn more about whether or not a Golden Retriever is right for you, take this quiz!