Rescuing a Golden Retriever is one of the most amazing journeys you’ll go on in your life.
This post will show you where to rescue a Golden Retriever in New Mexico, as well as our best tips to help you prepare and care for your dog once you bring them home.
Check it out below!
Golden Retriever Rescues In New Mexico
Here’s the dedicated Golden Retriever rescue in New Mexico:
Golden Retriever Rescue of New Mexico
The Rio Grande Valley Golden Retriever Club is also involved in rescuing Golden Retrievers and you can learn more about them at their website here.
Golden Retriever Rescues Near New Mexico
If the Golden Retriever Rescue of New Mexico or the Rio Grande Valley Golden Retriever Club doesn’t have a Golden currently available for you, here’s where you can find Golden Retriever rescues in nearby states:
- Golden Retriever rescues in Colorado
- Golden Retriever rescues in Texas
- Golden Retriever rescues in Utah
- Golden Retriever rescues in Arizona
3 Bonus Ways To Find A Rescue Golden Retriever
If the Golden Retriever rescues in or near New Mexico don’t have a Golden for you, there are a few other tricks you can use to find a rescue Golden.
The first is to visit your local animal shelter.
This is a long shot since most Goldens go fast in these shelters, but if you check early and often, you might get lucky.
And there’s always the chance that you’ll find another dog there who steals your heart!
The second is to join your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups and get to know people there.
People who need to find a new home for their Golden will sometimes post there and try to find a new home for their pup themselves instead of going through a rescue organization.
If you’re on at the right time, you could find a Golden who needs your home.
Just be sure to watch out for scammers!
(Watch this video about the UGLY truth about Golden Retrievers for more on scammers)
The final way to find a rescue Golden is to get involved in your local Golden Retriever club.
The members there might have insider info on a Golden who needs a loving home.
This is another long shot, but the more Golden Retriever lovers you know, the more likely you are to find a Golden of your own.
And speaking of local Golden Retriever Clubs…
Golden Retriever Clubs In New Mexico
Your local Golden Retriever club can help you potentially find a Golden and they can also help you raise them.
For example, your local club can help with:
- Socializing and exercising your Golden through their dog sports and other events
- Getting advice from experienced Golden Retriever owners
- Getting referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Here is the Golden Retriever Club in New Mexico:
Rio Grande Valley Golden Retriever Club
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re still trying to decide if a Golden Retriever is the right dog for you, or if you want to learn more about the breed, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Golden Retriever vs. Labrador Retriever [16 Factors To Help You Choose]
- Is A Golden Retriever Right For Me? [Quiz]
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Rescuing A Golden Retriever
Adopting a Golden Retriever is one of the best things you’ll ever do.
It won’t always be easy, but it’ll be worth it thanks to all the joy and fluffy hugs.
If you want to learn more about whether or not a Golden Retriever is right for you, take this quiz!