So you want to rescue a Golden Retriever?
That’s great news!
These are sweet, loyal family dogs that will bring loads of fluffy, golden joy to your home.
However, since they’re such great dogs, finding a rescue Golden can be tough to do, so in this post, you’ll see:
- A list of the top Golden Retriever Rescues in North Carolina and nearby states
- A secret way to find a Golden Retriever if the rescues are all out of dogs
- Our best tips to make sure a Golden is right for you and care for your pup when you bring them home
Let’s dive in!
Golden Retriever Rescues In North Carolina
Here are the top three Golden Retriever rescues in North Carolina:
Golden Retriever Rescue Club of Charlotte
Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue
Triad Golden Retriever Rescue
Golden Retriever Rescues Near North Carolina
In addition to these rescues in North Carolina, there are also some in nearby states that could have your dream pup.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever Rescues in South Carolina
- Golden Retriever Rescues in Georgia
- Golden Retriever Rescues in Kentucky
- Golden Retriever Rescues in Tennessee
- Golden Retriever Rescues in Virginia
- Golden Retriever Rescues in Maryland
3 Other Ways To Find A Rescue Golden Retriever
Goldens are popular, so the rescues don’t always have dogs available right away.
There may be a waitlist or tough application for you to fill out, so here are some other ways to find a rescue Golden.
Search your local animal shelters
This may be a long shot, but some of your local animal shelters may have Golden Retrievers (they won’t last long!) or another dog that’ll steal your heart.
Get active in your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups
Every now and then I’ll see people in local Facebook groups trying to rehome their dog themselves instead of going through a rescue group.
It’s usually a great dog, but unfortunate circumstances cause them to have to find their dog a new home.
This can be your opportunity to offer your loving home.
Get involved with your local Golden Retriever Clubs
Getting involved with your local Golden Retriever Clubs is a third way to find a rescue pup.
It’s another long shot here, but the more Golden lovers you know, the more likely you’ll find your own Golden.
And speaking of local Golden Retriever clubs…
North Carolina Golden Retriever Clubs
Golden Retriever Clubs can be great for you as a dog owner.
Not only can they help you find a Golden, but once you get one, they can help you:
- Socialize and exercise your pup through dog sports and other events
- Get advice from current Golden Retriever owners
- Get referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re on the fence about getting a Golden Retriever, or if you want more information about what it’s actually like having one, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Best Food For Adult Golden Retrievers (And What Not To Feed Them)
- How To Groom Your Golden Retriever (To Keep Them Healthy & Beautiful)
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Adopting a Golden Retriever is one of the best things you’ll ever do.
They’re sweet, fun, and loving, but they can hard to find, so check your local rescues, animal shelters, and Facebook groups.
Have any questions about adopting a Golden Retriever in North Carolina?
Did we miss your favorite North Carolina Golden Retriever rescue?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you’re looking for more information about Golden Retrievers, you’ll love our Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers.