Are you looking for a Golden Retriever in Utah?
You’re about to embark on an exciting journey!
Golden Retrievers are loved for their loyalty, playfulness, and gentle nature, making them a great fit for just about anyone.
And in this article, you can find the main Golden Retriever rescue in Utah, as well as a few other options for finding a Golden (they can be hard to find!).
Golden Retriever Rescues In Utah
Here’s the main Golden Retriever rescue in Utah:
Companion Golden Retriever Rescue
Location: West Jordan, UT
Companion Golder Retriever Rescue serves the Intermountain West and, while they focus on Golden Retrievers, they also have other breeds and mixes from time to time.
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Utah
If you are having a hard time finding a Golden Retriever in Utah, there are plenty of shelters in neighboring states that may be able to help.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in Colorado
- Golden Retriever rescues in New Mexico
- Golden Retriever rescues in Arizona
- Golden Retriever rescues in Nevada
3 Bonus Ways To Find A Rescue Golden Retriever
If you can’t find the dog of your dreams at Companion Golden Retriever Rescue or any neighboring state rescues, don’t fret!
There are three other ways to find your new best friend.
- Your local animal shelter.
While it may be a long shot, local shelters get plenty of dogs every day, and sometimes there are Golden Retrievers!
Even if you don’t find a Golden, you may find another dog that you love and want to take home!
- Golden Retriever Facebook Groups.
Facebook can be a great place to look for your Golden Retriever.
Lots of people that do not want to surrender their dog to a shelter but need to rehome them will turn to Facebook to find a suitable family for their dog.
You can find local groups by state as well as larger nationwide groups for Golden Retriever adoption.
Just be sure to watch out for scammers!
(Watch this video about the UGLY truth about Golden Retrievers for more on scammers)
- Contact your local Golden Retriever club.
Many states have local clubs where you can find people who already have Goldens and may be able to point you in the right direction.
Plus, you can get an immediate Golden fix by meeting the dogs and owners that are in these clubs!
Golden Retriever Clubs In Utah
Golden Retriever clubs are a great way to meet other Golden parents and have your dog interact with and learn from other Golden dogs.
Being a part of your local club can mean:
- Extra socializing and playtime for your dog
- Time to learn tips and tricks from longtime Golden owners
- Trusted references for vets, groomers, and other dog services you may need
If you live in Utah here is your club:
Great Salt Lake Retriever Club
Location: Draper, UT
Website: Great Salt Lake Retriever Club Facebook Page
Golden Retriever Resources and Tips
It’s never a bad idea to learn even more about Golden Retrievers to see if this is the right breed for you.
Check out these articles for more info:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Golden Retriever vs. Labrador Retriever [16 Factors To Help You Choose]
- Is A Golden Retriever Right For Me? [Quiz]
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Here’s a list of everything you need for a Golden Retriever, and you can click here for a list of Golden Retriever rescues in every state.
Adopting Your Golden Retriever
Rescuing a Golden Retriever is a wonderful way to get a great dog and help reduce the number of animals that need a loving home.
It is an exciting journey and you will have a best friend for life!
Already have a rescue Golden Retriever?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you want to see if a Golden Retriever is the right fit for you, take this quiz.