Looking for a Golden Retriever to rescue in Idaho?
Golden Retrievers are wonderful dogs, but since they’re so amazing, they’ve gotten to be very popular.
It can be hard to find a Golden who needs to be rescued, but this post will help you find Golden Retriever rescues near Idaho, as well as 3 extra ways to find a Golden rescue who needs your home.
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Idaho
While there aren’t any dedicated Golden Retriever rescues in Idaho, there are several in nearby states.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in Washington
- Golden Retriever rescues in Oregon
- Golden Retriever rescues in Nevada
- Golden Retriever rescues in Montana
3 Extra Ways To Find A Rescue Golden Retriever
If the Golden Retriever rescues near Idaho don’t have a Golden for you, there are some other tricks you can use to find a Golden.
The first way is to visit your local animal shelter.
This is a long shot since Golden Retrievers go fast in these shelters, but if you check early and often, you may get lucky.
Plus, there’s always the chance that you’ll find another dog in there who steals your heart!
The second option is to join your local Golden Retriever Facebook group and get active in there.
Sometimes people who need to find a new home for their Golden will post there trying to find a new home for their pup themselves instead of going through a rescue organization.
If you’re there at the right time, you may find a Golden who needs your home.
Just watch out for scammers!
(Watch this video about the UGLY truth about Golden Retrievers for more on scammers)
The final way to find a rescue Golden is to get involved in your local Golden Retriever club.
The members there might have insider info on a Golden who needs a loving home.
This is another long shot, but the more Golden Retriever lovers you know, the more likely you are to find a Golden of your own.
And speaking of local Golden Retriever Clubs…
Golden Retriever Clubs Near Idaho
Your local Golden Retriever club can help you potentially find a Golden, but they can also help you raise them.
For example, your local club can help with:
- Socializing and exercising your Golden through their dog sports and other events
- Getting advice from experienced Golden Retriever owners
- Getting referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Here’s the closest Golden Retriever Club to Idaho:
Inland Empire Golden Retriever Club
Location: Spokane, WA
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re still trying to decide if a Golden Retriever is the right dog for you, or if you want to learn more about the breed, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Golden Retriever vs. Labrador Retriever [16 Factors To Help You Choose]
- Is A Golden Retriever Right For Me? [Quiz]
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Adopting A Golden Retriever
Adopting a Golden is one of the greatest things you’ll ever do.
It’s not always easy, but it’ll be more than worth it because of all the joy and slobbery kisses they’ll bring.
Have you rescued a Golden before?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you want to learn more about whether or not a Golden Retriever is right for you, take this quiz!