Finding a Golden Retriever to adopt in Atlanta (or all of Georgia, for that matter!) isn’t easy.
Because they’re so popular, people are scooping them up almost as soon as they go for adoption.
But to help you find the Golden for you, you’ll see the Golden Retriever rescues in Atlanta in this article, plus rescues in nearby states.
You’ll also learn three sneaky ways you might be able to find a Golden Retriever to rescue if the dedicated Golden Retriever rescues don’t have any available.
Georgia Golden Retriever Rescues
Here are the two main Golden Retriever rescues in Georgia:
Adopt a Golden Atlanta
Golden Retriever Rescue of Atlanta
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Georgia
In addition to the two rescues above, there are several Golden Retriever rescues in nearby states where you can find your dream dog.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in Florida
- Golden Retriever rescues in Alabama
- Golden Retriever rescues in Tennessee
- Golden Retriever rescues in North Carolina
- Golden Retriever rescues in South Carolina
3 Extra Ways To Find A Rescue Golden Retriever
If none of the Golden Retriever rescues in or near Georgia have a Golden for you, there are a few other options.
The first option is to check your local animal shelter.
This is a long shot since most Golden Retrievers go fast in these shelters, but if you check early and often, you may get lucky.
Plus, there’s always the chance that you’ll find another dog who steals your heart!
The second option is to get involved with your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups.
People who have to rehome their dog will often post there and try to find a new home for their pup themselves, instead of going through a rescue organization.
If you’re there at the right time, you may find a Golden who needs your home.
Just be sure to watch out for scammers!
(Watch this video about the UGLY truth about Golden Retrievers for more on scammers)
The final option is to get involved with your local Golden Retriever club.
The members might have inside knowledge on a Golden who needs a loving home.
This is another long shot, but I’ve found that the more Golden Retriever lovers you know, the more likely you are to find a Golden.
And speaking of local Golden Retriever Clubs…
Golden Retreiver Clubs In Georgia
Not only can your local Golden Retriever club help you potentially find your Golden, they can also help you raise them.
For example, your local club can help with:
- Socializing and exercising your Golden through their dog sports and other events
- Getting advice from experienced Golden Retriever owners
- Getting referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Here is the Golden Retriever Club in Atlanta:
Atlanta Golden Retriever Club, Inc.
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re still trying to decide if a Golden Retriever is the right dog for you, or if you want to learn more about the breed, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Golden Retriever vs. Labrador Retriever [16 Factors To Help You Choose]
- Is A Golden Retriever Right For Me? [Quiz]
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Here’s a list of everything you need for a Golden Retriever, and you can click here for a list of Golden Retriever rescues in every state.
Adopting A Golden Retriever
It can be hard to find a Golden Retriever to rescue, but that’s only the start.
Helping your Golden get comfortable in their new home can be a challenge, but they’ll pay you back ten times over with their endless love and fluffy hugs.
Have you rescued a Golden before?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you want to learn more about whether or not a Golden Retriever is right for you, take this quiz!