So you want to adopt a Golden Retriever in (or near) Connecticut?
They’re adorable, sweet, loyal dogs that will bring lots of joy to you and your family.
However, they can be a little hard to find, especially these days.
It seems like everyone wants to rescue a Golden!
So in this post, you’ll learn where to find a rescue Golden Retriever, even if there seems to be none available.
Golden Retriever Rescues Near Connecticut
While there aren’t any Golden Retriever rescues officially in Connecticut, there are several nearby that serve Connecticut.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in New York
- Golden Retriever rescues in New Jersey
- Golden Retriever rescues in Pennsylvania
- Golden Retriever rescues in Maryland
- Golden Retriever rescues in Massachusetts
- Golden Retriever rescues in Vermont
3 Bonus Ways To Find A Golden Retriever Rescue
If none of the rescues near you have a Golden available for you — don’t worry!
Here are three other ways to find a Golden that needs your home.
The first is to scour your local animal shelters.
Yes, this is a long shot, as most Goldens will probably get snatched up right away, but it’s possible.
Plus, you might even find another dog that steals your heart there!
The next option is to get active in your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups.
I’ve seen many Golden Retriever owners post in local groups looking to find a new home for their pup.
Often, these dogs are great dogs, the owner is just moving or having financial or time issues that make it difficult to keep their Golden.
The final way to find a Golden that needs your home is to get active in your local Golden Retriever Club.
One of the members in the club may know about a Golden who needs your help.
This is another long shot, but the more Golden Retriever lovers you know, the more likely you are to find a Golden of your own.
And speaking of local Golden Retriever Clubs…
Connecticut Golden Retriever Clubs
Golden Retriever clubs may be able to help you find a Golden, but they can definitely help you raise them.
The clubs and their members can help with:
- Meeting other Golden parents and getting advice and tips from them
- Hosting competitions and events where you and your dog can meet other Goldens and Golden Retriever owners
- Giving referrals for services like vets, groomers, and doggy daycares
Here are the two Golden Retriever clubs in Connecticut:
Connecticut River Valley Golden Retriever Club
Southern Berkshire Golden Retriever Club
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re still trying to decide if a golden retriever is the right dog for you, or if you want to learn more about the breed, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Golden Retriever vs. Labrador Retriever [16 Factors To Help You Choose]
- Is A Golden Retriever Right For Me? [Quiz]
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Adopting a Golden Retriever is a wonderful thing.
You’re saving a life and you’ll get lots of fluffy hugs and slobbery kisses in return.
Have any questions about rescuing a Golden in Connecticut?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you want to learn more about whether or not a golden retriever is right for you, take this quiz!