Looking to rescue a Golden Retriever in New Jersey?
Goldens are spunky, sweet, beautiful dogs.
But since everybody loves them, it can be hard to find an available dog who needs to be rescued.
So in this post, you’ll see:
- A list of Golden Retriever rescues in and around New Jersey
- How to find a Golden who needs your home (even if all the rescues are all empty)
- Our best resources to help you once you’ve brought your golden home
Check it out below!
New Jersey Golden Retriever Rescue
Here’s the main Golden Retriever rescue in New Jersey:
Golden Re-Triever Rescue Inc.
Location: Township of Washington
Golden Retriever Rescues Near New Jersey
Although there is only one Golden Retriever rescue officially in New Jersey, there are a few more in nearby states for you.
Here’s where you can find them:
- Golden Retriever rescues in New York
- Golden Retriever rescues in Pennsylvania
- Golden Retriever rescues in Maryland
- Golden Retriever rescues in Virginia
- Golden Retriever rescues in Massachusetts
3 Sneaky Ways To Find A Rescue Golden
If the Golden Retriever rescues are all out of dogs — don’t worry, there’s still hope.
One way to find a Golden that needs your home is to check out your local animal shelters.
Yes, this is a long shot, but you might find a Golden or another dog that steals your heart there.
The next way to find a Golden is to be active in your local Golden Retriever Facebook groups.
I’ve seen several posts where people need to give up their dog, but would rather find a new home themselves than go through a rescue group.
And finally, you can get involved with your local Golden Retriever Club.
This is a long shot, too, but the more Golden Retriever lovers you know, the more likely you are to find one of your own.
And speaking of Golden Retriever Clubs…
New Jersey Golden Retriever Clubs
Not only can your local Golden Retriever club help you find a Golden, but it’ll also be a great resource to help you raise your golden.
Here are some benefits of getting involved in a club:
- You can join their events and sports to socialize your dog
- You can get helpful tips from golden retriever owners
- And you can get referrals for services like a vet, groomer, or doggy daycare.
Here are the Golden Retriever Clubs in New Jersey:
Garden State Golden Retriever Club
New Jersey Pine Barrens Golden Retriever Club
Golden Retriever Resources & Tips
If you’re on the fence about getting a Golden Retriever, or if you want more information about what it’s actually like having one, check out these articles:
- The Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers (Puppies, Price, Facts, Shedding & More)
- Best Food For Adult Golden Retrievers (And What Not To Feed Them)
- How To Groom Your Golden Retriever (To Keep Them Healthy & Beautiful)
- How Much Do Golden Retrievers Cost? (Initial Price & Yearly Costs)
- 63 Golden Retriever Facts You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- 17 Tips To Manage Golden Retriever Shedding (& Keep Your House Clean)
Adopting a Golden Retriever is one of the best decisions you can make.
They can be hard to find, so get on your local rescue lists early, check the local Golden Retriever Facebook groups, and don’t forget about your local animal shelters.
Have any questions about adopting a Golden Retriever in New Jersey?
Did we miss your favorite New Jersey Golden Retriever rescue?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you’re looking for more information about Golden Retrievers, you’ll love our Complete Guide To Golden Retrievers.